Saturday, April 14, 2012

My return to blogging

This blog started off as a Long Islander Discovers Long Island. It was an opportunity for me to discover and write about all the things I encountered on the island that I didn't know about, visit enough or just felt needed to be celebrated.

When I started writing a weekly history column for the website Smithtown Patch, the blog fell to the wayside. My Patch experience found me learning more about this great area I live in, especially right in my own backyard.

I decided to change the name of this blog to From the Town of Smith, because I realized most of my earlier posts were about places that were fairly local to me, basically western Suffolk County. There wasn't much from the rest of Long Island.

Granted with a full-time job, freelance writing and currently looking for a new position, it may not always be easy to take time out to blog, but I would like to get back in the game. Lately I have been inspired by many blogs I have come across and love that we live in a time where people can share their passions so easily.

So I hope you will join me on this journey as I continue to learn about the Town of Smithtown, as well as the surrounding areas. There's plenty of places to go around here, it's filled with so much history, and I'm starting to find out there are even fun places for the over 40 crowd to go and celebrate a night on the town!

So let's explore.....

No comments:

Post a Comment